League of Legends is a MOBA developed by RIOT Games. For those who have played the Warcraft 3 Map "DotA", the controls and layout should seem very similar. A couple differences are in the fact that it promotes more aggressive play style and can't be carried by a single champion nearly as easy. The game is completely based around online multiplayer and offers both 3v3 and 5v5 modes.
This game is free, but offers several micro-transactions that can be used to buy champions and new textures for the champions. It has its own in-game currency as well, which is awarded after each game that can be used to purchase champions as well as some stat altering items called runes.
The basic objective of the game is to move from your side of the map down lanes filled with minions, destroying turrets as you go, to go and kill the home base of the other team. Sounds easy enough, but when faced against 5 other players, games can rage from 20 minutes to well over an hour.
This game can be found and downloaded for free at:
And a video provided by riot as a small tutorial:
What I Liked:
- Game is free! You could play for 10 minutes and get your monies worth.
- Updated often, Riot releases new skins and champions about every two weeks.
- Tons of unique champions, not quite as many as DotA, but will soon be beating them in numbers.
What I didn't Like:
- The one thing I didn't like about the game was the large portion of games I played involved a lot of blaming, flaming, trolling and the sort.
- Unstable servers / I had problems inviting friends to custom games.
Overall Grade so Far: B+